We are recruiting for a leading Industrial Supplies distributor who is looking to expand their successful team with an experienced Technical Sales/Applications Engineer who has a track record selling cutting tools and engineering equipment to end users to support the current team in place and already existing customer base. This is a great opportunity to be part of an established and dynamic company, offering excellent levels of service solutions to a wide and varied range of market places.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
• To personally manage, in conjunction with the local sales team, a portfolio of key/focus accounts identified as offering significant sales and opportunity to the business, with a specific remit to develop the sales of cutting tools, carbide tooling and work holding equipment.
• Support and develop existing customer’s contracts upselling by problem solving and solution selling, with an offering of technical and application support as required.
• Ensure that customers are kept aware of new product innovations, and to support clients with technical product application advice.
• Ensuring customers are aware of the Company’s expanding product range, identifying leads for further business opportunities and increasing the number of lines being sold into each customer.
• To record pertinent information obtained during customer visits that could benefit either yourself or colleagues in the future.
• The ideal candidate will have a background in engineering, with an understanding of HSS, solid carbide and indexable carbide cutting tools.
• Strong people, relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
• The ability to be able to work effectively as part of a team is essential.
• Previous sales experience is an advantage.
• A full valid driving license is essential.
In addition to the basic salary, there is an impressive commission structure, company car and ever growing benefits package supported by internal progression opportunities for top performers.