To assist in managing the Sales Department system related requirements in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the business. You must continually evaluate and initiate necessary changes in your departmental strategy to meet and exceed the needs of the business.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
• To assist, facilitate, monitor and develop an efficient and effective Sales department, specifically in areas of policy and procedure, whose goal is to deliver on time to the right quality and at the best possible price.
To maintain, develop and improve wherever possible, company procedures, standards of quality and workmanship to BS EN ISO 9001 & AS9100 at all times.
• To jointly ensure all health and safety regulations are observed and maintained.
• To organise and plan the workload to ensure all delivery objectives are achieved in the most economic and efficient way whilst maintaining quality.
• Continually strive to improve by review of the working procedures, the efficiency of the business, instigating change as required.
• To maintain and improve customer relationships by ensuring that the customers’ needs and expectations are communicated to the relevant areas within the business ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained.
• Liaise with and inform Purchasing and Production Control Department of any changes in delivery requirements taking into consideration any commercial implications.
• Liaise with the Quality Department during Quotation stage to ensure that all the quality implications a have been assessed.
• To produce estimates and quotations in a timely manner to meet customers enquiries details ensuring that all details on the customer enquire have been reviewed and detailed on the quotation.
• To ensure that the quotations status file is maintained by contacting the customer to confirm if the quotations have been won or lost. If the quotation is lost, it is your responsibility to record the reason for not winning the order in the quotation status log which will be used for analysis at the management review.
• To conduct a contract review on receipt of the customer’s order against the original quotation ensuring that any differences are resolved and documented. Liaising with the Quality Department to ensure that that all the quality implications have been assessed and any quality planning has been documented.
• Ensure that there is adequate information is issued to the Production Control with the quotation file and customers order.
Responsible for entering sales orders, in-line with customer order details ensuring that part numbers and bill of materials are produced with current revisions.
• Responsible for raising a works order with a dummy routing, which was established during the quotation stage.
• To maintain records for the Quotations, customers’ orders, contract review information and order amendments.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive team player
• Time management skills
• Attention to detail
In addition to the basic salary dependant on experience, there is an impressive commission structure and ever growing benefits package supported by internal progression opportunities for top performers.